Raid Leading

Upcoming events and announcements will be made here.
Azreal
Site Admin

Raid Leading

Post#1 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 am

As many of you know raid leadership has been lacking since our previous raid leader, Liandel, stepped down. I had high hopes for myself to be able to pick up the reigns, and continue to push the raid further. However, as we have all come to realize I have not been able to do so. I believe that is best for the guild to search for a new raid leader as we continue to push further. The raid will continue to function as is with officers generally leading or Untold when he is present and helping out. With that being said I do not feel that the raid should be lead by someone outside the guild. So I am presenting each and everyone with an opportunity. Do you feel like you could lead the raid? Have you ever wanted to lead a raid? Do you have aspirations to be something more than just a raider? If anyone is interested in trying out to be our next raid leader talk to an officer today.

In case it is unclear whom our officers are I will list them here as follows:

Sheekra: Healing Lead/ Officer
Scrapshot: Ranged DPS Lead/ Officer
Lothaeryn: Melee DPS Lead/ Officer
Liandel: Tanking Lead/ Officer
Azreal: General Oversight/ Guild Master

Thank you for taking the time to read this announcement. And always remember; FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Desarei

Re: Raid Leading

Post#2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 am

Idk if this is still an issue, but I will post this as an option:

I know two people with a lot of raid leading experience. Neither of them have a lot of time though. The one who still currently plays the most is a bit behind (warrior is 879 equipped) because of a few months off, but he is catching up quickly. He joined a weekend raiding guild (since his job means that on mon-fri he gets home at 8:30pm EST at best) but would join our guild if I asked him to. If you are wondering about credentials, he used to raid with Method back in the day.
The second guy is his older brother, who used to make a lot of Mistweaver Monk guides and was apparently a great raid leader. You can probably still find thumbnails for Koguma's videos but the youtube channel is private now.

Breezybeard

Post#3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:04 pm

They sound like they should join our guild regardless! lol

Thats a lot of experience.

Desarei

Post#4 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Breezybeard wrote:They sound like they should join our guild regardless! lol

Thats a lot of experience.

Main problem, especially for tuesday raids, is that one is a tax accountant and the other is a doctor, so their schedules are very busy. The former is around any time that I am since we take the same bus too/from the city, but with a major tax deadline coming up on april 15th, he is probably going to be working passed 1am some nights toward the end.
For the latter, his schedule is slightly more normalized now than it was before, but I would have to message him to find out the details. I would also need to check how much help with gearing that he needs.

Return to “News and Events”